All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 201
EXCLUSIVE: 2020 Organic Sales Up 14% (Topping $8.5 Billion), Chelan Fresh, Organic Mushroom Update, Real Organic Project Symposium, and more…
In 2013, Kevin Stennes joined Chelan Fresh Marketing in Chelan, WA, brought his family’s Cascade Crest Organics label and production with him, and started the shipper’s organic program as the company’s organic sales manager.
Buoyed by a fourth consecutive quarter of double-digit growth, 2020 organic produce sales finished with a 14.2-percent increase over the previous year, outpacing conventionally grown produce in both sales and volume gains, according to the 2020 Organic Produce Performance Report released today exclusively by the Organic Produce Network and Category Partners.
The Real Organic Project is a farmer-led movement created to distinguish and label organic products that are grown in soil from those that are not. Every Sunday this month, the Project is hosting the Real Organic Symposium, a virtual event that features some powerful and recognized organic industry names.
1. Organics Unlimited Adds Fair Trade Certified Label to Its Industry-Leading Lineup of Organic Bananas
2. Mother-Daughter Company Delivers All-Organic Florida Fruit Platters
3. New Organics Regulation Does Permit Selling of Loose Organic Produce
4. Industry Leaders Call to Expand Produce Safety Research
5. NOP Enforcement Dashboard: Quarterly Update