Organic Seed Potatoes: Not an Easy Career
John Hoggan is not sure he was the first grower of organic potatoes in Idaho, but he is certain he was the first one to grow organic seed potatoes. “It’s not easy,” he said. “In fact, it’s a pain in the butt. [They have] to be double certified as seed potatoes and also certified organic.”
Weekly Top Five
to Help You Grow
1. Number of Ads for Organic Produce 13% of Total
2. This Legacy Grower Sees Future of Family Farming in Web Development
3. Celebrating CCOF’s 50th Birthday with 50 Reasons to Choose Organic
4. Is Regenerative Organic Agriculture the New Trend?
5. Clemson Scientists Study Watermelon to Improve Organic Vegetable Production
The Organic Grower Summit presented by Western Growers and OPN provides growers firsthand knowledge and information in a variety of areas ranging from agtech to food safety to sustainability. The 2023 Summit will provide both organizations an opportunity to offer their members and subscribers greater access to information, education, and networking opportunities on new organic products, services, and technology.
Where retail and buying organizations from across North America will meet with organic growers, shippers, processors and distributors in this intimate and energetic event devoted exclusively to organic fresh produce.