All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 296
Campos Borquez, OGS Next Week, Blueberries Offer Opportunities, Higher Prices Continue Affecting Consumer Behavior, Market Update, and More…
Heading into the first fall holiday, most consumers won’t see organic strawberries on their Thanksgiving table, but they might see some organic blueberries from South America.
“Four years ago, we decided to grow avocados in Sonora because the weather is hot; we are close to the ocean; and we have an ideal environment,” shares Rodrigo Torres, vice president of sales and business development for Campos Borquez. “This year is going to be our first year for a commercial harvest.”
Organic produce volume is showing a sudden drop. As product costs began to rise over time, retailers were forced to follow that same direction on prices. And as the pricing increased, so did the resistance of shoppers as they became more selective in their purchasing habits.
1. Mother Earth Builds on Its Name in Organic Mushrooms
2. Stemilt Announces Year-Round Availability of Cosmic Crisp
3. West Pak Avocado Welcomes Jennifer Zendejas
4. “Get One, Give One” AgroThrive Promotion Benefits Nonprofit Org at Live Earth Farm
5. Morning Kiss Organic Uses Pedal Power to Craft Organic Smoothies