All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 184
Ashley Walsh created an organic lifestyle to combat severe health issues and founded a small, regenerative organic farm on her family’s Pocono Racetrack property. Today, Pocono Organics has grown to become a global center of research, education, and discovery.
Carlos Suarez is state conservationist for the USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in California. Prior to assuming his current position in 2013, Suarez served as state conservationist for the NRCS in Florida. He joined OPN for a conversation about how he got started with the NRCS, his introduction to organic ag, the various ways in which the NRCS can assist organic farmers, and more.
Organic producers are facing major challenges due to the sweltering heat waves and fires that have been ravaging California. Smoke from the fires has impacted harvesting times and overall product yields, in addition to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
1. Veritable Vegetable Launches New and Improved Website
2. Organic Center to Study AgTech, Protections from Pesticide Contamination
3. Cuba Bets on Organic Farming to Increase Food Production
4. LA’s Burgeoning Agtech Sees Green Acres Ahead
5. Climate Change Will Force a New American Migration