All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 271
Subject PCC Awards Grants, Penny Newman Services Growers’ Input Needs, Cherry and Apple Update, Pelger on Moving Product, Market News, and More...
In 2016, Penny Newman Grain Company launched its Farm Products division, which offers a comprehensive array of crop inputs for both conventional and organic growers.
Last month, PCC Community Markets, a certified organic retailer and the largest community-owned food market in the US, announced the recipients of its third annual round of Organic Producer Grants.
Do you bend forward with your hands on your head face down in anguish? Many of us in the produce industry are in that same position as we try to control the many challenges faced daily. Inflation, supply limits, labor shortages, runaway freight costs, and profit margin threats are in the headlines while we try to keep business running on a full engine despite thoughts of dire straits in our minds.
As we head into summer, the Northwest will have good organic apple supplies (though less than usual) and a very limited volume of organic cherries.
1. Homegrown Organic Farms Starts Regenerative Organic Certified Stone Fruit Program
2. Mother Earth Launching Organic Lion’s Mane Mushrooms This Summer
3. California Transplant Boosts Alabama’s Organic Farming Scene
4. USDA Announces $300 Million for New Organic Transition Initiative
5. How Good Food Enterprises Are Thriving in the COVID-19 Era