All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 199
Raley's Michael Schutt, Fresh Thyme's Organic Juices, Pelger on Boosting Organic Sales, Cold Weather Slows Production, and more…
Midwestern-based retailer Fresh Thyme Market has partnered with Maglio Companies to create a line of organic cold-pressed juices that are expected to roll out in the early part of this year.
Cold and sometimes rainy winter weather in the Arizona and California deserts over the past month has slowed the production of many organic vegetable crops, leading to an active market and rising prices, with organic celery prices approaching dizzying heights.
OPN contributor Ron Pelger shares his tips for improving in-store organic merchandising and capturing additional organic purchases with "off-shelf" displays.
Michael Schutt reached his dream job as a produce buyer at Raley’s in 2005, about 20 years into his career with the well-respected regional supermarket chain. He has continued to rise through the ranks, and in October of 2020 was promoted to the top produce position for the 126-store chain when he was named Raley's Director of Produce and Floral.
1. Organic Farming Pioneer Amigo Bob Cantisano Dies
2. EU Recognizes UK Organic Certification for One Year
3. California Organic Farmers Keep Up with Demand
4. The Boom in the Demand for Organic Ginger Is Strengthening Peru as a Supplier
5. Why Few Farm Workers Isolate in California’s Free Covid-19 Hotel Rooms