All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 285
OGS Ed Session on Regenerative Ag, Onion Update, So Good So You, Blue White Robotics, Market Update, and More…
“Regenerative Organic Marketing and Certification—What Lies Ahead?” Ed Session Announced for OGS 2022
As regenerative agriculture is reshaping how food is grown, a panel of organic industry leaders will address the trends and standards of regenerative organic marketing and certification at the Organic Grower Summit 2022 Presented by Western Growers and OPN, slated for November 30–December 1 in Monterey, CA.
The organic onion harvest is under way, though some fields are behind schedule this year. “We have promotable volume, but the Northwest is not there yet,” said Jessica Peri of Peri & Sons. “In the next two weeks, we will see a lot more volume from the Northwest. They seem to be lagging behind a bit.”
Consistent food production and labor scarcity are two of the biggest challenges facing those in the ag industry, which is why Blue White Robotics set out to create a grower-focused autonomous solution for increased productivity and labor resilience.
1. Concord Foods Honors Organic Farmers & Foods for National Organic Month
2. Limited-Edition Organic Wine Grapes Now Available at The Fresh Market
3. Sage Fruit Company to Sell SugarBee Apples
4. Aldi to Scrap "Best Before" Dates from Fresh Fruit and Veg Lines in UK
5. Natural Grocers Honors Organic Month in September with Beyond Pesticides Fundraiser