All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 175
Homegrown's New Programs, Sac Food Co-Op, Castellini Connections, Hot Chili Peppers, and More...
For nearly 125 years, Castellini Company has prided itself on offering premium quality fresh produce to its retail and foodservice customer base and growing through strategic acquisitions that create value and simplify the field-to-consumer supply chain.
Homegrown Organic Farms has expanded its blueberry program to year-round, and also added a new kiwi program. Both programs allow Homegrown to bring something unique to the market.
Rick Kilby is produce manager at the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op, the second-largest single-site co-op by transaction volume in the US. Established in 1973, the Sacramento Co-op boasts annual sales of nearly $45 million and features an organic-only produce section that sells about 150,000 pounds of produce per month. Rick joined OPN to talk about organic produce sales trends, how COVID-19 has affected business, and more.
1. Earl’s Organic Produce Proud to Help Local Communities
2. Root 24 Farms Launches Organic Blueberry Items
3. JV Smith Companies’ Operation Achieves EFI Certification
4. OFRF and FFAR Announce Grants for Soil Health Research
5. Misionero Introduces Green Wave Brand