All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 34
There are expected to be some promotional opportunities for retailers with regard to organic citrus in the coming months, but it might require some creativity.
Braga Fresh, a visionary leader in the organic fresh produce industry, will be showcasing its full lineup of Josie’s Organics fresh cut vegetables at PMA. The newest addition to the line, Power Mix, will be in the spotlight for all attendees to see.
Source: Sustainable Food News
Scientists at the University of New Hampshire (UNH) have launched a research project that aims to develop the first varieties of strawberries specifically designed for U.S. organic agriculture. The organic strawberry varieties will be developed using an advanced breeding method called marker-assisted breeding.
Don’t miss “From Wall Street to Main Street, Organic Means Good Business” a unique grower round table discussion during the Organic Grower Summit Keynote Sessions on Thursday, December 14th. Plus, OGS attendees have an opportunity to schedule a one-on-one meeting with Costco buyers as part of “Meet the Farmer.”
- Highline Mushrooms' parent co. acquired by Japanese conglomerate in February
- Coalition for Sustainable Organics today at PMA in New Orleans at the Embassy Suites Convention Center
- U.S. Researchers to Develop First Organic Strawberry Varieties
- Hurricane victims sent 70,000 lbs. of organic produce to Texas food banks
- Organic trade group calls out magazine’s ‘name-calling’