All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 290
Hot Veg Market, Carbon Robotics, Darrell Beyer, OGS Ed Session: “Less Chemistry and More Biology”, Market Update, and More…
The various biologicals that companies have available, how growers choose them, and their impact on the cost of doing business will be explored in an educational session announced as part of the upcoming Organic Grower Summit (OGS) 2022 presented by Western Growers and OPN, slated for November 30–December 1 in Monterey, CA.
Several factors have combined to create extremely tight supplies across the organic vegetable category, with the core commodities being hit especially hard. The result has been high FOB prices across the board, with no easing expected until after the Thanksgiving pull.
Darrell Beyer, who started selling organic produce about two decades ago, has launched his own company, Bluebird Mountain Organics, with a headquarters office in Nevada and year-round production coming mostly from Mexico and California’s Ventura County.
With a background in deep tech, computer vision, deep learning, AI, and neural network vision models, Paul Mikesell set out to create a company that could manufacture agricultural tools to empower farmers to operate more efficiently.
1. Soli Organic Raises $125M for Indoor Farm Expansion
2. Homegrown Organic Farms Celebrates Attainment of Gold-Level ROC Status
3. Grimmway Farms and Its ESG Journey
4. Daily Harvest Announces First Round of Grants to Underserved Farmers to Help Build a More Regenerative Food System
5. Packaging Insights and Innovations with Fox Packaging, Fox Solutions, and Redpack