All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 237
CEA Ed Sessions at OPS, Organic Banana Pricing, "Seen and Heard" at OPS Part 2, Market Update, and More…
Controlled environment agriculture (CEA), which currently makes up 1 percent of produce sales today, could have a 20 percent market share by the end of the decade, according to a panel of indoor growers at Organic Produce Summit.
At the recent Organic Produce Summit in Monterey, CA, some of Mexico’s leading organic banana growers and distributors informally got together and agreed that their industry was in dire straits as the price paid for their organic bananas by US retailers is not coming close to keeping up with rising costs.
At the recently held Organic Produce Summit in Monterey, CA, a panel of industry leaders representing the views of both retailers and consumers embraced the innovation of CEA (controlled environment agriculture) but differed in their opinions of its impact on driving produce sales.
1. Eating Sustainably Is One of the Easiest Ways to Combat Climate Change, Experts Say
2. Bayer Launches Portfolio of Organic Vegetable Seeds
3. Strong Organic Grape Sales Lead to an Early Season Finish for Fruit World
4. Scientists Seek Better Ways to Keep Organic Fruit Fresh
5. Albertsons Selects Procurant for Perishables Order Management