All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 227
Organic Kiwi Update, Veg-Land's JBJ Distributing, Las Palmalitas Ranch, AFF's Mission for Produce Consumption, Market News, and More...
Organic Produce Network (OPN) and the Alliance for Food and Farming (AFF) share a common objective—to increase consumption of all fruits and vegetables. With only 1 in 10 of us eating enough each day, this objective is increasingly important since decades of nutritional studies show a produce-rich diet prevents disease, improves immune function, and expands lifespan.
Nestled at the foot of the Santa Ynez Mountains in the small coastal town of Carpinteria is California’s only 100-percent-organic packing house for avocados—Las Palmalitas Ranch. Las Palmalitas is a fifth-generation family farm currently run by Will Carleton and his son Billy.
For more than 35 years, the Matiasevich family has been growing, processing, and distributing the highest-quality fruits and vegetables, resulting in Veg-Land becoming one of the most dynamic distributors of organic and conventional produce in the United States and Canada.
1. Fruit World Offering Organic Thomcord Seedless Grapes
2. Organic Farming Battle Pits Aquaponics, Hydroponics Against Traditional Soil Farms
3. Canadian Farmers Growing More Certified Organic Vegetables
4. Calavo Growers Publishes Annual Sustainability Report
5. Tanimura & Antle Bolsters Sales Team