All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 36
A recent study conducted by the California Farm Bureau Federation confirms there is an acute shortage of qualified and willing agricultural workers to plant and harvest crops, with half of responding farmers experiencing employee shortages during the past year. To help alleviate the shortage, a new app aims to connect growers and workers through cutting edge technology.
Thirty years ago, entrepreneur Janice Honigberg founded Sun Belle Inc., in Washington, D.C., as a niche distributor of top quality, foreign-grown berries. Over the years, the firm has evolved and significantly expanded but has stayed true to that early vision.
(MONTEREY, CA October 31, 2017) - Sun Basket COO Don Barnett has been confirmed as the final keynote presenter at the upcoming Organic Grower Summit (OGS) in Monterey, CA. Sun Basket is a leading nationwide delivery service that provides recipes and pre-portioned organic ingredients for home-cooked meals. Barnett has over 25 years of fresh produce experience and was previously the co-founder/partner and CFO of NewStar Fresh Foods, Organicgirl Produce, and Pessagno Winery.
- Whole Foods pumps $1.3 billion into Amazon’s Q3 Revenue
- U.S. organic certifiers ‘significantly deficient’ on biodiversity standards, new report says
- Whole Foods hiring 6,000 ‘passionate, food-focused’ people; organic, natural grocery chain holds one-day hiring event
- Regenerative organic certification fills gaps in organic rules around soil health
- CCOF boosts fees for acreage, locations