1. Organic Foods and Beverages Market Predicted to Reach $320 Billion by 2025
The global organic food and beverage market is expected to reach $320.5 billion by 2025, up from $77.4 billion in 2015, according to Dublin, Ireland’s Research and Markets. The company's report, Organic Foods And Beverages Market Analysis By Product, was released in April.
Growing popularity of non-GMO products among consumers, owing to the health benefits associated with their consumption, is expected to drive demand over the forecast period.
More information is available at Research and Markets’ website.
2. Organic Trade Association Awards to Honor Three Standout Leaders
"These are three incredible change-makers who have helped shape the current environment for organic agriculture and trade, and I couldn't be more excited to see their trade association—a place where they have each been actively engaged—recognize them for their vision and commitment to organic," said Laura Batcha, CEO of the Organic Trade Association.
- Robert (Bob) Anderson of Sustainable Strategies LLC—Advisors in Food and Agriculture, who serves as Senior Trade Advisor for the Organic Trade Association will recieve the Growing the Organic Industry Leadership Award.
- Phil LaRocca of LaRocca Vineyards will receive the 2017 Organic Farmer of the Year Leadership Award. A tireless organic farming advocate and farmer for over 40 years, Phil has deep organic convictions that he puts into practice on his farm, in his winery, and in the wider community, particularly in California.
- Peggy Sutton of To Your Health Sprouted Flour will receive the Rising Star Organic Leadership Award. Before building one of the organic industry's latest trends, Peggy was an innovator and health-conscious, family-focused home cook.
Learn more about the Organic Trade Association's 2017 Leadership Awards Celebration here.
3. Rodale Inc. Looks for Buyer
Rodale, Inc., the publisher of magazines including Prevention, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Runner’s World, and Rodale’s Organic Life, among other titles, is considering selling the company. Rodale said in a press release last week it is "known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942."
Rodale Inc. said it is exploring "strategic alternatives," including "the sale of the company as a whole, the sale of select properties or groups of properties or individual businesses, or the continued implementation of its business plan."
Learn more here.
4. Earthbound, Horizon Organic Parent Co. Launches New Tagline
France-based Danone S.A., owner of the Horizon organic dairy and Earthbound Farm organic produce brands, said Thursday it is launching a new tagline: "One Planet. One Health", calling on consumers to join the "Alimentation Revolution."
Danone CEO Emmanuel Faber said in a statement that the company's new logo, to be unveiled on July 7, aims to show consumers, particularly those in North America, that it is serious about healthy eating habits and natural foods.
Read the full press release here.
5. Organic Seed Alliance Unveils New Mission
The Organic Seed Alliance has unveiled a new website and mission statement, while remaining focused on research, education, and advocacy to address the organic seed needs of farmers. Its new mission statement is "to advance ethical seed solutions to meet food and farming needs in a changing world."
The new website also features a new publications page that allows visitors to quickly locate resources by topic, region, and crop.
Learn more here.
- Robert Louis Stevenson