All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 335
SOE Rule at OGS, Cuyama Orchards, Cal Poly Grimm Family Center, Potato Update, Market News, and More...
First established in 2021 with a donation from the Grimm family, Cal Poly’s Center for Organic Production and Research has been busy with multiple projects since its inception. Collaborating with the organic produce industry is a critical component of the center’s work—and it now has several industry partners.
With March 19, 2024, comes full implementation of the National Organic Program’s (NOP) Strengthening Organic Enforcement (SOE) rule. Navigating and adhering to these new regulations for organic producers and handlers will be the subject of the first announced educational session of the Organic Grower Summit (OGS) 2023 presented by Western Growers and OPN.
For more than three decades, Cuyama Orchards has been growing apples in the high desert of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties—and this year the grower-shipper is expecting a high-yield crop of excellent quality.
1. Charlie’s Produce's P.J. Cawley and Laura Severance Discuss Growth of Farmer's Own Organics Brand
2. New Online Resources Available to the Organic Sector
3. Organic Growers Seek Climate Change Solutions Via Farm Bill
4. Can Organic and Conventional Produce Be Priced the Same in Stores?
5. USDA OIG Publishes Report Highlighting AMS Work to Strengthen Organic Enforcement