All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 326
PennRose to Launch New Brand at OPS, Summer Tomato Promos, Oregon Market Assessment, Misionero Celebrates 50 Years, Market News, and More...
PennRose Farms, a Wellington, Florida-based grower-owned supply chain management company, is launching its new organic brand, Rowdy Rabbit Organics, at Organic Produce Summit in Monterey, California, on July 13.
Misionero has a rich and deep-rooted history that originates from a love for leafy greens and a commitment to organic practices. The company is also dedicated to innovation.
California’s summer organic tomato crop (including a nice assortment of organic heirlooms) is ramping up, and combined with continued organic tomato production from Mexico, retail promotional opportunities should be available in August and beyond.
This spring, Oregon released an economic assessment of the state’s organic sector, revealing the industry’s significant triple-bottom-line benefits.
1. Stemilt Artisan Organics Are Hand-Picked to Delight Consumers with Explosive Flavors
2. Organic Trade Association Given Lead Role in USDA Transition to Organic Partnership Program
3. Why Grocery Stores Waste 20% More Food in the Summer
4. Urban Garden in Heart of Kansas City Provides Organic Produce Regardless of Income
5. Crucial Organic Farming Issue Addressed by UC Workshops, Collaborations