All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 345
Thanksgiving Supplies, Bee-Friendly Retailer Scorecard, Carbon Robotics, Lowering Food Safety Barriers for Organic Growers, Market News, and More...
Giant Eagle Ranks Highest on 2023 Bee-Friendly Retailer Scorecard, Followed by Walmart and Whole Foods
The environmental nonprofit Friends of the Earth (FOE) recently released its annual Bee-Friendly Retailer Scorecard, which ranks 25 of the largest US grocery retailers on their efforts to protect pollinators from toxic pesticides. The scorecard revealed Giant Eagle as the most pollinator-friendly retailer, followed by Walmart and Whole Foods Market.
With the Thanksgiving pull just starting to occur, organic suppliers and wholesalers reported that the most popular produce items for the upcoming holiday are in pretty good supply.
In 2018, Paul Mikesell founded Carbon Robotics in order to bring the revolution in artificial intelligence (AI), computer vision, and robotic autonomy to agriculture.
The University of Rhode Island and The Organic Center, along with co-investigators from three other universities, were recently awarded a $3.5 million USDA Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative grant to help reduce food safety barriers for organic specialty crop growers.
1. Whole Foods Market: 20 Years of Organic Certification in Their Stores
2. Organic Lemon Growers in Mexico Are Struggling
3. USDA Adds Import Function to Organic Integrity Database
4. Activists Gather in Watsonville to Demand California Reduce Pesticide Use and Boost Organic Farming
5. "Organic Ag Must Be Mainstreamed," Says Soil Association Group