All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 330
New SOE Rule, Organic Retail Data, Divert's Ryan Begin, Seen & Heard at OPS Part 2, Market News, and More...
Every year, the US generates more than 100 million tons of wasted food, the majority of which is fresh fruits and vegetables. Divert CEO and Co-Founder Ryan Begin shared the work his company is doing using advanced technologies and sustainable infrastructure to address the $408 billion food-waste issue during the first keynote presentation at OPS 2023.
While data indicates organic produce sales have plateaued a bit over the last several years, a retailer and a wholesaler participating in an educational session at OPS 2023 remain bullish on the category and see the current numbers as a pause, not a prediction of the future.
OPS attendees gathered together in Monterey, California, to attend educational sessions, keynote presentations, and a trade show exhibition featuring 170 organic growers, shippers, and processors showcasing their fresh produce items. See and hear what attendees had to say at OPS 2023!
1. Driscoll’s Secures Spot as One of America’s Top 10 Retail Grocery Brands
2. Rock Star Turned Soil Scientist Channels Activism Through Organic Farming
3. WSU Seeks Organic Fruit Growers for Study on Spotted Wing Drosophila
4. Nature Fresh Farms Introduces Organic Greenhouse Strawberries
5. The Star Group Partners with Harker’s Organics