All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 329
OPS Special Recap: Retailers Urge More Consumer Education on Organics, Sustainability Surveys, Seen & Heard at OPS Part 1, Market News, and More...
New organic rules and regulations, the challenges facing Controlled Environment Agriculture, and the ability to effectively connect the benefits of organic fresh produce to consumers were among the hot-button topics explored at the seventh annual Organic Produce Summit, held last week in Monterey, California.
Two major organic produce suppliers and the largest grocery retailer in the US described the experience of complying with consumer-driven sustainability audits—a growing demand from transparency-focused customers—as part of “The Value of Sustainability Compliance” educational session held during Organic Produce Summit 2023 last week in Monterey, California.
Last week, 1,800 OPS attendees gathered together in Monterey, California, to celebrate the organic fresh produce industry. From engaging retailer tours and informative educational sessions to inspiring keynote presentations and a trade show exhibition featuring 170 organic produce growers, shippers, and processors, OPS 2023 had something for everyone.
1. Resource on Strengthening Organic Enforcement Available
2. Sweet Potato Warriors Unite to Celebrate Bako Sweet and DreamWorks Animation’s Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight
3. FiveStar Gourmet Foods Debuts Organic Salad Shakers at Costco
4. Demand Picking Back up on Organic Strawberries
5. Texas Organic Farm Highlights Success of Basket Weeder