All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 325
Sage Fruit's Cherry Program, California Stone Fruit, Maywood Farms Fresh Figs, Berry People Expands, Market News, and More...
Berry People, which is currently going through the final stages of being acquired by the ag tech company AgriFORCE Growing Systems Ltd., is also in the process of increasing its organic volume and production footprint by co-investing with grower partners, especially in Central Mexico.
Maywood Farms Owner Bob Steinacher was first introduced to ag working in his family’s one-acre hobby apricot orchard as a child growing up in the Santa Clara Valley.
During the 2022 cherry season, Sage Fruit Company partnered with Chelan Fruit. The additional acreage Chelan Fruit has contributed spans the northern growing region of Washington State, providing Sage Fruit with greater geographical diversification.
1. Starr Ranch Growers' Krista Beckstead and Gilbert Orchards' Sean Gilbert Reflect on Power of Organic
2. Whole Foods Market Honors Ciruli Brothers with Supplier All-Star Award
3. Kim Dietz and Gwendolyn Wyard Announce Launch of Strengthening Organic Systems Advisory Firm
4. Kenyan Organic Enthusiast Has Been Making Wine from the Humble Banana
5. Organic Greenhouse-Grown Strawberries Will Complement Field Category