All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 320
Jimbo's Sees Strong Demand for Organics, FreshEdge Expands, Lemons Top Summer Promo Opportunities, Crespo's Mango Mania, Market News, and More...
Next month, Crespo Organic Mangoes will launch its annual Summer Mango Mania promotion, which will feature a brand-new retail display bin that holds about 11 cases of fruit.
OPN recently caught up with Jimbo’s Produce & Floral Director Ryan Peterson who shared that the home-cooking trend continues to drive organic produce demand for the San Diego-based retailer. He also spoke about Jimbo’s hydroponic labeling initiative, a new sustainable packaging option for avocados, current popular produce items, and more.
FreshEdge, a family of produce and specialty food companies backed by Wind Point Partners, operates 899,800 square feet of warehouse space across 26 facilities with a fleet of more than 920 trucks and more than 2,000 employees.
While citrus is often considered a winter fruit and tends to be promoted as such, there are summertime promotional opportunities, and organic lemons are leading the way this year.
1. Index Fresh Meets Demand for Organic Avocados
2. MTI and EFI Partner for Pilot Program and Case Study
3. Monarch Tractor Makes CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List For 2nd Consecutive Year
4. Honeybear Expands Cherry and Organic Apple Production
5. Purdue Survey Shows Which Organic Foods Consumers Are Purchasing