All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 318
Pure Flavor, Jeff Fairchild Moves to OGC, Strawberries Rebound, Encouraging Consumers to Buy Organic, Market News, and More...
While a heavy dose of California rain during the first quarter of 2023 has put the state’s strawberry production behind the three-year average, the month of April saw significant increases in production—and volume is poised to spike this month.
After more than two decades at Portland, OR-based New Seasons Market, Jeff Fairchild has taken a new position at Organically Grown Company as a buyer, where he will focus on purchasing organic produce for his previous employer.
While the grocery business is always changing, consumers tend to be creatures of habit, preferring not to change their shopping practices and generally sticking to an ongoing routine, with little variance in the items they select.
1. California Rains Mean Strong Pricing on Celery
2. Sun Belle’s Blackberries in Peak Production
3. Meet the Entrepreneur Bringing Organic Farming to Urban Real Estate
4. Spring Melon Deal Under Way for Divine Flavor
5. $100 Million Opportunity to Develop Organic Markets