All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 309
Onions in Good Supply, Starr Ranch, Homegrown Organic Farms, Organic Produce Profitability, Market News, and More...
In 2020, Homegrown Organic Farms launched its Equitable Food Initiative (EFI) program with the certification of all its stone fruit. But that was just the start of the company’s EFI efforts as last year it announced its Northwest organic blueberry farms and organic citrus program earned EFI certification as well.
It was almost 90 years ago when Starr Ranch Growers sprung up in the heart of Washington’s apple country, shipping apples in wooden boxes and old whiskey barrels. The company began with just 15 growers packing out of a single shed, but over the decades has grown to more than 7,000 acres of orchards and multiple plant locations.
If you're a retailer, are you making a profit in your organic produce section? Do you know the amount of profit you are achieving?
1. Equifruit President Honored as Banana Innovator
2. Brett Reasor Announced as CEO of Columbia Fruit
3. Despite the War, Ukraine Set a New Record for Organic Exports in 2022
4. French Farmers Plea for Help as Sales of Organic Food Fall
5. Global Organic Food Industry Research Report 2023