All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 300
Regenerative Farming, Carbon Robotics' Paul Mikesell, Don't Panic About Organic Volume Decline, Nature Safe, Market News, and More...
The overarching takeaway from the Organic Grower Summit ed session on the softening of consumer demand for the category is "don't panic." The past two-plus years have been extraordinarily challenging from every angle, resulting in trend lines that are not yet meaningful.
Paul Mikesell is founder and CEO of Carbon Robotics, a Seattle-based ag tech company that manufactures a robotic weeding implement called the LaserWeeder. OPN caught up with Paul for a conversation about why he started Carbon Robotics, how the LaserWeeder works, the benefits of using lasers versus blades, his company’s plans for the future, and more.
It’s a product line based on the foundation of feeding the soil and a growers’ plants according to the same, proven scientific principles that have driven the parent company for 140 years in the business of repurposing animal byproducts to feed dogs, cats, chickens, and other animals.
1. Organic Seed Alliance Publishes 2023 Policy Platform
2. Washington Apple Industry Loses Organic Sales Pioneer
3. Dole Releases 2022 Sustainability Report
4. Researchers Work to Improve Organic Sweet Potato Production in SC
5. OFRF & FFAR Fund Research on Organic Farming System for BIPOC and Socially Disadvantaged Farmers