All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 260
SpartanNash's Vic Savanello, Christopher Ranch, Revol Greens Growth, Magna-Bon, Market News, and More...
Victor Savanello, regional vice president of produce and floral at SpartanNash, has more than 40 years of experience in the food, supermarket, and produce industries. SpartanNash is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and has 145 retail stores and distribution to over 2,100 independent stores across nine states. OPN recently caught up with Vic to talk about SpartanNash's commitment to organic fresh produce and what consumers can expect from SpartanNash when it comes to organic fresh produce offerings.
For Christopher Ranch, developing and growing its organic garlic program is a major priority. This year, the company expects to ship over 10 million pounds of California organic garlic—both fresh and processed—to its customers.
1. Organic Apples Look to Transition to Imports
2. Joolies Adding Visibility to Date Category
3. Wholesum Offers Spring Organic Tomato Pack
4. Apply Now for CCOF Future Organic Farmers Grants
5. Concerns Mount Over Fertilizer Prices, Supply