All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 249
AgTech in the Field, OMRI’s Peggy Miars, Organics in Mexico, Pelger on Organics 2021, Market News, and More...
During the “SmartFarm: AgTech in the Field” ed session at the recent Organic Grower Summit, moderator Bart Walker of Pacific Ag Rentals told the audience that he wanted to send them home with “actionable items” that could be immediately implemented on the farm.
Peggy Miars is executive director of the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI), a nonprofit organization that evaluates inputs for use in certified organic agricultural operations in the US, Canada, and Mexico. OPN recently caught up with Peggy to talk about the history and mission of OMRI, some common misconceptions about the organization, recent trends in organic materials, and more.
Sales of organic produce to Mexican consumers are on the rise, but Mexican organic standards and labeling requirements can be challenging for growers to navigate.
1. Verdant Technologies Expands into Mexico
2. Regenerative Farming Bears Fruit
3. Wholesum Cuts the Ribbon to New Organic Tomato Greenhouses
4. Woman Helps 1,200 Farmers Go Organic
5. Researchers Crack the Case of Ugly Produce and the Psychology Driving Food Waste