All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 248
Grower of the Year Vic Smith, Fox Packaging, Robert Lichtenberg Retires, OGS Ed Session Recap, Market News, and More...
Robert Lichtenberg’s story begins in 1950s Brooklyn, NY, where he spent his youth. The leap from populated urban America to growing organic produce in rural California and later working at Earl’s was not as big as one might think.
Scaling organic production can be challenging, but several grower-shippers who have achieved success in building their programs shared their stories of becoming leaders in organic production during an educational session at the recent Organic Grower Summit in Monterey, CA.
Fox Packaging offers a variety of flexible and breathable packaging solutions for the produce industry, including its signature Fox Fresh Mesh product line, which features a woven polyethylene mesh that allows produce to respire, keeping it fresh and in good condition.
1. Unlike the US, Europe is Setting Ambitious Targets for Producing More Organic Food
2. Chelan Beauty Offers Sustainable Fruit Packaging
3. UK Farmers Will Get Paid Not to Use Pesticides
4. Laser-Armed Robot Terminates Weeds Without Herbicide
5. Musician Jack Johnson Bringing Back “Farm to Stage” Program on 2022 Summer Tour