All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 243
Avocados Promotable for Holidays, OGS Grower of the Year, Progressive and Trinity on Sustainability, GIC Salinas Campus, Market News, and More…
Over the next four years, Post Harvest Technologies (PHT), owner of GIC Salinas Campus, and its investment partners are planning to build the most technologically advanced pre-cooling and cold storage facility in the nation on its current 28-acre campus in the heart of Salinas, CA. The 400,000-square-foot facility will have dedicated space for the handling of organic produce.
The 2021 Organic Grower Summit (OGS) Presented by Western Growers and the Organic Produce Network (OPN) will honor longtime organic grower Vic Smith as the recipient of the fourth annual Organic Grower Summit’s Grower of the Year. Smith, who is CEO of JV Smith Companies, was selected based on his ongoing commitment and dedication to excellence in organic production, organic industry leadership, and innovation.
Progressive Produce focuses on sustainability and social responsibility, and Trinity Fruit releases new organic stone fruit pouch bags.
1. $20 Million Available for Certified and Transitioning Organic Producers
2. 3Bar Biologics Wins Western Growers/S2G Ventures’ AgSharks Competition
3. CCOF Now Accepting Applications for PrimusGFS Food Safety Certification
4. Misfits Market Launches Grocery Delivery in California
5. CalEPA Head Wants 75% of Agriculture to Be Organic by 2050