All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 238
E-Commerce and COVID-Impact Discussions at OPS, EarthFresh's New Packaging, Pelger on Inflation, Market News, and More…
The coronavirus pandemic hastened the growth rate of e-commerce for the grocery industry, which has accelerated change for retailers and marketers and points to an exciting future.
Moderated by Randy Riley, co-owner of GoldenSun Insights, OPS ed session "Opportunities and Obstacles for Organic Produce Post-COVID" covered a range of topics—the rise of e-commerce, sustainable packaging, the need for collaborative production planning, storytelling in the digital landscape, fair trade, and more.
EarthFresh, an international company with operations in the US and Canada, specializes in supplying the retail and foodservice industries with both conventional and organic potatoes, carrots, and onions.
Just when the organic produce industry gains new customers, another challenge comes along.
1. Organic Food Advocates Seek Reversal of Decision Authorizing Labeling of Hydroponic Operations as "Organic"
2. Starr Ranch Icon Scott Marboe Retires
3. Grant Takes on Organic Challenges with Third-Party Certifications
4. Organic Fresh Fruit and Herbs with Complete Transparency
5. Ag Plastics Innovation Challenge