All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 232
Sun Valley Farms' True Harvest Label, OPS Announcement, Westbridge, Strawberry Update, Market News, and More...
Though the volume of California’s strawberry crop is in a seasonal decline as summer production wanes, there should be solid supplies of organic strawberries through September and into fall, albeit at a higher price point.
In late November of last year, Watsonville grower Sun Valley Farms filed the paperwork for a DBA to start True Harvest, a new label that helps support small organic growers.
The growth of online/direct-to-consumer purchasing and the opportunity for organic fresh produce companies to play an increasing role in its future will be the subject of the fourth educational session at the Organic Produce Summit (OPS) next month in Monterey, CA.
When Westbridge Agricultural Products was incorporated in 1982, the goal was to develop, manufacture, and deliver effective plant nutrients, biopesticides, and specialty inputs for both organic and conventional farming to help growers solve production problems. Today, Westbridge has one of the most complete product lines for organic growers.
1. Eat Fresh-FC Helps Fresh-Cut Melon and Pineapple Last 21 Days per 3rd-Party Lab Test
2. Publix Opens New GreenWise Market Store in Tampa, Florida
3. Rodale Institute and Kutztown University Sign Academic Research Agreement
4. OFRF Tours USDA Agricultural Research Service with US Rep. Panetta's Staff
5. Proposed Changes to the National List for Organic Crops, Livestock, and Handling