All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 231
Narrative Food's Jennifer Piette, Organic Walnuts, CA Keitt Mango Update, Agro-K, Market News, and More...
Mike Poindexter, President of Poindexter Nut Company in Selma, CA, believes his company is the third-largest organic walnut producer in the state of California (and therefore the United States), but he doesn’t know for sure.
Jennifer Piette is founder and CEO of Narrative Food (formerly Out of the Box Collective), an online grocery and meal kit delivery service specializing in local and organic foods. A certified B Corp based in Los Angeles, Narrative Food delivers to approximately 1,000 SoCal zip codes stretching from San Diego to Santa Barbara. Piette joined OPN to talk about why she started Narrative Food, the farmers and distributors she works with, the role of storytelling in her company, and more.
For more than 40 years, Agro-K has been a leader in the development of biological products that improve crop quality and storability through scientific research. The goal is to help clients while encouraging sustainability.
1. USDA Accepting Applications to Help Cover Costs for Organic Certification
2. Jennifer Lester Moffitt Confirmed as USDA Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs
3. Clean Juice Recruits Tim Tebow for Commercial TV Spots
4. Erewhon Is a Certified B Corp
5. Gladstone Land Acquires Organic Blueberry Orchards in Oregon & California