All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 221
PCC Markets' Growth, Grape Update, Organics Unlimited, Southern VA Organic Growers Association, Market Update, and More...
An organic farmer in Virginia has organized a trade group to help Virginia growers new to the organic sector.
In 2020, PCC Community Markets, a certified organic retailer and the largest cooperative grocer in the US, experienced strong sales and membership growth. Revenue increased to $383.2 million, a 25.6 percent jump from the prior year, and memberships grew by 35 percent.
The spring organic grape deals in the Coachella Valley of California and the state of Sonora in Mexico are producing excellent quality and steady volume, and there is expected to be a smooth transition to California’s San Joaquin Valley when it starts shipping later this month.
Organics Unlimited kicked off 2021 with the introduction of its new Fair Trade Certified organic banana label, which joins its two other socially responsible labels—GROW and Organics Unlimited.
1. 7-ELEVEN Launches Organic Produce Boxes
2. Connected by Love and Loss, They Reaped What Rodney Sowed—And Gave It Away
3. Swiss to Vote on Whether to Ban Synthetic Pesticides
4. How Organic Production Can Be a Balancing Act for Vegetable Growers
5. Grimmway Awards Annual Scholarships to Children of Employees