All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 208
Good Eggs' Expansion, Organic Brussels Sprouts, Starr Ranch Growth, GMOs and Impact on Organics, Market Update, and more...
For 87 years, Starr Ranch Growers has been a leader and innovator in the produce industry. Today, Starr continues to lead by expanding its organic program, and the company expects 75 percent of its stone fruit operation to be organic by the end of 2021.
In the era of COVID, online grocery shopping has risen dramatically, impacting retailers and customers alike. One such retailer is Good Eggs, a Bay Area online grocer that increased its revenue to nine figures this past year. Ben Hartman, Good Eggs' senior category manager for perishables, shares what it's been like to experience such intense growth and how excited he is to expand operations to SoCal.
There has been a solid supply of organic brussels sprouts recently, but demand has been variable across geographic regions, and some producers say the market is oversaturated.
OPN Contributor Melody Meyer explores the next generation of GMOs and their impact on organic farmers and the planet.
1. Executive Changes Bolster Growth at Duncan Family Farms
2. USDA NOP Organic Regulations and Retail Labeling Course Now Available
3. Hungary in the Top 10 Fastest-Growing Organic Producer Countries
4. New Study Pinpoints Practices That Boost Carbon Sequestration by Double Digits
5. Agrothermal Systems Granted Patent for Thermaculture® Methodology for Managing Plant Physiology & Productivity