All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 198
Happy Holidays, Peri & Sons, Strawberry Update, Miller Chemical, and more…
With an increase in strawberry acreage in California and a dry and relatively warm December, early-season production of strawberries is on the rise, and January should see a relatively strong supply of all berries, including organics.
With deep farming roots that date back four generations, Peri & Sons Farms grows, packs, and ships premium white, yellow, red, sweet, and organic onions year-round directly from its family farms in Nevada and California. David Peri currently leads the company and started Peri & Sons Farms in 1979, but his great-grandfather first grew onions in Nevada in 1913 after coming to America from Italy a decade earlier.
For over 80 years, Miller Chemical and Fertilizer has been manufacturing and distributing crop protection and nutritional agrochemical products designed to improve plant and crop production quality and yield.
1. Autumn Glory & Organic Apples and Pears Shine in November Data
2. Employment Outlook Promising for New College Graduates in Agriculture
3. New OFRF Grant Explores Best Practices for Virtual Peer-to-Peer Farmer Learning
4. BioFlora Revamps Agriculture Products Page on its Website
5. Organic Management Practices for Allium Leafminer (ALM) Pest