All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 188
Organic Citrus, Industry Leaders Band Together During COVID, Farm Fresh Direct's Lonnie Gillespie, Organic Farms Across the U.S., and more...
Sales of organic produce have been strong this year due to COVID-19 and the increase of at-home meals. Fall staples like pomegranates and persimmons are no exception, showing high demand and strong sales out of the gate.
In March of this year, Scott Schultz sent a letter to industry leaders urging unification and collaboration during these unprecedented times. The results that followed prove that working together is indeed the best way to prosper in times of crisis.
In what may be the first title of its kind in the fresh produce industry, Lonnie Gillespie has been promoted to the position of chief organic officer (COO) of Farm Fresh Direct, a large grower and shipper of both organic and conventional potatoes, headquartered in Monte Vista, Colorado.
In order to promote the importance of organic produce, Health-Ade Kombucha conducted a study on the geography of organic fruit and vegetable farms in the United States. What they found was surprising and illuminating.
1. How a Hospital Chef Reaps the Bounty from an On-Site Organic Farm
2. Superior Fresh Brings New Salad Variety to the Shelf
3. Hazel Tech Announces New Product Line and Partnership
4. Generation Farms Launches Fresh for The Future Website
5. Phoenix Restaurant Delivers Organic Meals to Home-Bound Cancer Patients