All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 179
Brothers’ Brent Erenwert, Organic Pear Preview, Sambrailo Legacy, Featherstone Farm, and More...
Organic pears seem to be increasing in popularity and volume in 2020. Some growers have noted that pears are peaking at smaller sizes, but with Covid-19, the best promotions will be bagged product that generally include the smaller fruit.
Today, a third generation of the Sambrailo are running the company as Sambrailo Packaging continues to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the agriculture community. One of those big changes was creating packaging solutions that fit with the core mission of organic produce.
Brothers Produce Sees Resurgence in Demand for Organics with New Direct-to-Consumer Delivery Services
Brothers Produce experienced firsthand the impact that Covid-19 has had on the foodservice industry. Company CEO Brent Erenwert , however, has dealt with the challenge head-on, and has launched a pair of new services, including a co-op program and home delivery.
1. OTA Announces Virtual Trade Missions
2. Organic Diet Can Reduce Pesticides in Your Body
3. USDA Accepting Applications to Cover Costs for Organic Certification
4. Keep on Organic Summer Fruit for September Success
5. USDA Explores Blockchain for Organic Food Traceability