All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 173
Organic Corn, Neversink Farm, Organic Produce Retail Expansion, Vermicompost Researcher Norman Arancon, and More...
Conor and Kate Crickmore own and operate Neversink Farm, a farm on the Neversink River in New York. After overcoming challenges in their early days, the couple has turned Neversink into one of the most productive and profitable farms per square foot in the U.S.
Norman Arancon is an associate professor of horticulture at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. He holds a PhD in Environmental Sciences from Ohio State University and has been researching vermicompost for more than 20 years. He joined OPN for a conversation about the many benefits of vermicompost for organic produce, what he wishes consumers and produce marketers knew about earthworms, and more.
1. U.S. Food Suppliers Forego China Contracts Over Coronavirus Curbs
2. Raley’s Makes Bold Move with New Banner
3. Chestnut Hill Farms Launches Organic Fair-Trade Banana Partnership
4. Homegrown Organic Farms Announces Organic Blueberry Import Program
5. Marrone Bio Emerges as Top Biofungicide in CA