All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 170
Doorganics' Mike Hughes, Organic Blueberries, Charlie's Produce, The Homeless Garden Project, and More...
Charlie’s Produce has been part of the Farm to Fork movement in the Pacific Northwest since 1978. What started with three young men and a truck has evolved into a full-service employee-owned company, with six distribution centers on the West Coast, stretching from Anchorage and Los Angeles.
Mike Hughes is the founder and CEO of Doorganics, a farm-to-table grocery delivery service based in Michigan. OPN recently caught up with Mike to chat about his company’s close relationships with local farms, the effectiveness of storytelling as a marketing strategy, how COVID-19 has dramatically increased his company’s sales, and more.
The Homeless Garden Project (HGP) is a non-profit utilizing the soils of an organic urban farm to rehabilitate and revitalize the community of Santa Cruz CA. For over 30 years their training program has provided a path to self-sufficiency for the unsheltered members of their community.
1. OTA's Prestigious Leadership Awards Honors Three Organic Farmers
2. Organic Equivalence Agreement Reached with U.S., Taiwan
3. New UC Research Lab Focuses on Organic Crops
4. OFRF and FFAR Announce Grant to Montana State University
5. The Largest Rooftop Urban Farm Opens in July in Paris