All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 167
Organic Cherry Update, Rick Lejeune, Frog Hollow Farm, Chico State Veg Project, and More...
Rick Lejeune is CEO and co-owner of Heath & Lejeune, a CCOF-certified organic produce wholesaler based in Los Angeles County. Operating out of an 83,000-square-foot warehouse, Heath & Lejeune currently distributes well over a million packages of organic produce a year and also offers storage, logistics, and consolidation services. Rick joined OPN to talk about his passion for organic farming, his company’s transition from conventional to organic, how the COVID-19 situation has affected business, and more.
Chico State University's Organic Vegetable Project is a labor of love for Professor Lee Altier and his students. The school's three-acre farm grows more than 50 varieties of produce, and provides ongoing research opportunities for students.
1. Poll Shows Consumers Value Organic More Than Ever in Pandemic
2. Justice Department Responds on Behalf of USDA in Organic Lawsuit
3. Misionero Becomes First Processing-Only Facility with EFI Certification
4. Organic Food Growers See Surge in Demand During Pandemic
5. USDA Seeks Five Nominees for NOSB