1. Stemilt Unveils New Have a Plant™ Pop-Out Display for Apples
Stemilt and Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) have joined forces to create the produce industry’s first pop-out merchandising display featuring the Have a Plant™ consumer call-to-action.
2. Morning Kiss Organic Celebrates February as Potato Lovers Month
February is Potato Lover’s Month, and Morning Kiss Organic is celebrating by giving this versatile food some special recognition!
3. GrubMarket Acquires Organic Harvest Network
GrubMarket will provide Organic Harvest Network with additional technological expertise and a vast existing customer base across the West Coast. GrubMarket also plans to expand Organic Harvest Network’s existing produce list.
4. Why are So Many Organic Grocers Landing in Bankruptcy Court?
Reckless expansion and heightened competition for natural and organic foods were factors behind the recent bankruptcies of Fairway, Earth Fare and Lucky’s Market, but each chain faced unique challenges.
5. Organic Fruit Veteran Chris Ford Joins Viva Tierra Organic
Longtime organic expert Chris Ford has joined Viva Tierra Organic, a leading grower and marketer of organic apples and pears, in the role of Business Development and Marketing Manager as the company looks toward a strong season of South American fruit.