1. Del Rey Avocado Recognized by Whole Foods Market
Del Rey Avocado and 31 other brands are celebrated for outstanding quality, environmental stewardship, organic integrity, innovation, purpose and partnership.
2. Screening Sweet Peppers for Organic Farming
A study conducted out of The University of Georgia delved into the comparative yields of sweet pepper varieties produced under organic farming conditions.
3. Secretary Perdue Announces New Innovation Initiative for USDA
The USDA will stimulate innovation so that American agriculture can achieve the goal of increasing production by 40% while cutting the environmental footprint of U.S. agriculture in half by 2050.
4. Zespri Increasing Sales with Custom Packaging
Zespri will debut its new packaging at the Southeast Produce Council Feb. 27-29 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL.
5. Survey Shows 1.5% of World's Farmland Under Organic Cultivation
Organic farming may not be mainstream yet, but it has rapidly grown in stature in the last two decades, according to a new survey.