All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 49
Food Hubs are sprouting up across the country, assisting local producers to get product to nearby cities and towns. Traditionally defined as an organization that coordinates production, marketing and distribution of fresh, local food from regional producers, food hubs are designed to improve a local food system.
By Melody Meyer
The end of January heralds the annual EcoFarm conference at Asilomar in Pacific Grove, CA It’s an earthy venue attended by deep-rooted farmers, earnest advocates and practical teachers- gathering all for the love of organic and sustainable agriculture.
The Peruvian organic mango season is in full swing after cooler weather led to a late start. Overall organic production in the region is up, and the cooler weather that slowed the crops maturity rates at the season’s onset, is expected to contribute to one large, quick peak rather than a prolonged wave of volume.
David Maislen did not foresee spending his retirement as a beekeeper; he was interested in growing organic fruit. He had an acre of land in La Habra Heights, California where he tended a bounty of over 50 kinds of fruit, avocados and macadamia nuts.
- To Fight Fraud, California Reverses Organic Reporting Requirements
- Preparing for the 2017 Census of Agriculture: What to Expect
- Kickoff Expo West at OFRF’s 21st Annual Benefit Luncheon, Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Organics Deemed 'Best Prospect' for U.S. Exporters in Major EU Market
- Kroger's Simple Truth Brand Reaches $2 Billion in Annual Sales