All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 44
The $650 billion brick-and-mortar retail grocery experience has not changed materially, despite the rapid pace of disruption occurring in sectors all around it. Grocery stores are still organized functionally rather than according to shoppers’ need states. This leaves a big opportunity for another model to offer a more satisfying answer to the near daily need: “What’s for dinner?”
OPN recently spoke with Erica Renaud, Ph.D., Regional Business Manager, North America at Vitalis Organic Seeds. Vitalis produces nearly 500 certified organic varieties distributed in over 35 countries, ensuring regional adaptation of premium genetics through 12 local research stations around the world.
Speaking at the sold-out inaugural Organic Grower Summit , Miles McEvoy has a unique vantage point from which to address the world of organic produce — having recently retired from his role as Deputy Administrator for the USDA’s National Organic Program (NOP).
- California Lemon Season Looks Strong
- Next Farm Bill for Organics is Either ‘Retreat’ or ‘Breakthrough’
- Elon Musk’s Brother is Helping Millennials Quit Their Desk Jobs and Become Farmers
- ‘Nation’s Largest Organic Seed Event’ to Take Place this February
- Hartbeat's Food & Beverage Culture Year in Review, 2017, Shows Strength of Consumers