OPN Connect Newsletter 39 - November 23, 2017
By Melody Meyer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) held a public meeting in San Francisco, California last week to provide the public with an opportunity to share information, and suggestions to help inform the development of the Agricultural Biotechnology Education and Outreach Initiative. OPN was there to monitor the public comments and suggestions.
The Organic Produce Summit (OPS), to be held July 11-12 in Monterey, CA, has announced registration retailer and buying organization registration is now open.Read More
With the demand for organic produce greater than ever, the largest challenge the industry faces is having enough supply to meet demand. And as consumers becoming more concerned about how safe and healthy their food is, it is imperative modern food safety practices are in place up and down the supply chain to ensure that the demands of the organic produce shopper are met.
Veteran produce marketer Jim Pandol has read the stories and heard about the double-digit growth occurring in the organic produce sector, with demand outstripping supply. He began exploring opportunities, lined up suppliers and hung out a virtual for sale sign.Read More
- Produce Industry legend Joe Procacci dies at 90
- Study shows how organic agriculture can feed 9 bil’ by 2050.
- Door to Door Organics is no longer in business.
- USDA: consumer confusion over organic ‘exploited’ by single-trait label claims
- Congressman LaMalfa co-sponsors bill for increased organic research