All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 38
While fresh organic dates are available year round, promotion of them in the United States tends to center around the Thanksgiving to Christmas time period, and then again during the month-long Ramadan celebration, in May and June of 2018.
Jeff Huckaby discusses U.S Agriculture Secretary Sony Perdue's visit with Grimmway Farms, including the topics that were discussed, and why it was important for the Secretary to visit their site.
By Nissa Pierson
In the 12 days leading up to Thanksgiving, organic herb distributors see an average increase of 65-85 percent on most organic herbs sales, with spikes reaching 200 percent above normal on traditional herbs: rosemary, thyme, parsley and marjoram. Culinary herb favorite organic sage tops the charts, with an average increase of between 300-500 percent in supplies during the holiday period.
- IFOAM - Organics International Rolls Out Organic 3.0 Video
- CA Department of Pesticide Regulation Releases New Regulations for Pesticide Use Near School Sites
- One Month Until the Organic Grower Summit
- FoodBytes! 2017 by Rabobank Highlights Key Food, Agriculture Trends
- Fetzer Vineyards Debuts First Sustainability Report