All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 32
OPN recently caught up with Erin Callahan, the new Director of Climate Collaborative. Erin brings extensive experience at CDP and We Mean Business, where she worked directly with hundreds of the world’s largest companies, industry groups and investors, supporting them in making leadership commitments to slow climate change—including science-based target-setting, renewable energy commitments, deforestation goals, and more.
By Jenn LaVardera, MS RD
With health at the forefront of food purchasing decisions, it pays to have a nutrition expert in the aisles. Currently, approximately 1,000 supermarket dietitians are employed across the United States working everywhere from large chain stores to independent grocers.
By Mindy Hermann, RD
With the summer East Coast organic fruit and vegetable sales production complete, a pair of leading distributors, Four Seasons Produce and State Garden Produce, shared their thoughts on this year’s movement ---and some of the opportunities and challenges they faced.
- Whole Foods’ Price Drops Are Attracting Its Usual Demographic
- Interested in Improving Organic Practices? Discover the Researcher in You!
- Screening of Evolution of Organic film Features Tonya Antle
- Organic Industry Shifts Away from USDA
- Organic Farming Boosts Beneficial Fungi in the Soil