All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 28
By Mindy Hermann, RN
The start of the school year brings new demands on university foodservice and suppliers, including pressure to supply more organic produce. College students in some regions may even come to campus with a physician’s “prescription” for foods that are organic and free of pesticides and waxes. Although not typical or widespread, voices for steady supplies of organic fresh fruits and vegetables have become louder.
D‘Arrigo CA is looking to replicate the success of its conventional offerings within the booming organic segment by expanding its Andy Boy organic offerings. In addition, the Spreckels based company is capitalizing on its growing expertise to serve as a premier custom grower for others. This diverse organic business plan carried out by the 94 year old company creates a path to solidify a long term position in the organic marketplace.
- Back to the Roots on the TODAY Show
- Peri & Sons and The Nunes Company Celebrate Opening Of Walker River Cooling Facility
- USDA Makes Change to Organic Crop Insurance Policy
- Organics Unlimited to Celebrate GROW Month in September
- FSMA Club: Ask the Expert Open Mic on September 20, 2017