All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 22
The entry into the organic value-added retail marketplace of Salinas-based Ippolito International is a logical next step for this second-generation farming company. After supplying a sister company in Canada with raw organic product for the past 10 years---- and opening a state-of-the-art value-added facility in Salinas---- Ippolito took the natural next step and introduced its new line of organic salads at this month’s Organic Produce Summit.
General attendee registration is now open for the inaugural Organic Grower Summit (OGS), slated for December 13-14 in Monterey, CA. A joint production between California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) and Organic Produce Network (OPN), OGS will bring together organic growers, producers and processors for two days of education, information and networking opportunities with organic production supply chain and service providers.
A look into the Organic Produce Summit educational sessions which included a variety of hot topics and speakers including: Organic Produce Merchandising with Raley's and New Seasons, Ag Tech Robotics and Automation with Food Origins and Soft Robotics , Bioponics with Wholesum Farms, A Look At Trends in Organic with Nielsen and Robinson Fresh.
- UCSC’s Center for Agroecology & Sustainable Food Systems – 50 years Outstanding in Their Field
- U.S. Senate Bill Boosts Funding for USDA's National Organic Program
- SunSelect Produce, Inc goes 100% Fair Trade Certified
- Tanimura & Antle Brings on Organic Expert John McKeon
- Survey Shows Little Consumer Enthusiasm for Amazon-Whole Foods Online Grocery and Meal Services