All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 12
OPN recently talked to John Harley, vice president of sales and marketing for the firm, about the changing buying habits of the U.S. consumer and the continued growth in the category.
Organic fresh produce sales are robust and growing throughout the country, accounting for more than 10 percent of all produce dollars through the first quarter of 2017.
- USDA Hosts Webinar on Organic Reporting Today at 2:00 pm EDT
- New Resources for Organic Handlers, Certifiers and Inspectors
- Representatives introduce The Organic Agriculture Research Act to Increase Organic Research
- Clearwater Organic, Largest U.S. 'organic' hydroponic greenhouse, to resubmit organic certificate application
- USDA Warns Industry of 8 Fake Organic Certificates in Marketplace
By Mindy Hermann, RD
The growing market for organic produce often collides head-on with a glaring reality – many consumers have no idea which items are in season, are unwilling to forgo off-season items such as strawberries in December, and don’t understand the limitations on supply and variety of local produce.