All the News that Matters
in Organic Fresh Produce
OPN Connect Newsletter 11
Imagine the joy of succession planning that happens all on its own. At Frieda’s Specialty Produce, with headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA, founder Dr. Frieda Rapoport Caplan works every day with daughters Karen Caplan, President and CEO, and Jackie Caplan Wiggins, Vice President and COO, and granddaughter Alex Jackson Berkley, Senior Account Manager, Sales. She couldn’t have planned it any better.
By Melody Meyer
Today California can boast its place as the golden state of organic food and agriculture. According to Kelly Damewood from CCOF, California has 21 percent of all certified organic farms in the U.S., representing 40 percent of all farm-gate sales with $12.34 billion in gross organic sales.
Whole Foods Markets announced a major restructuring of its board of directors yesterday, replacing five of its members in an effort to bounce back from a prolonged slump of seven consecutive quarters of declining store sales.
Tom Chapman, Sourcing Manager, Raw Material, Clif Bar Inc., shares his passion for organic, insight on the NOSB board and his views on the organic check-off.
1. Mexico Leads in Organic Exports to U.S.
2. Growers’ Organic Boxes Competing with CSAs in Denver
3. Seeds of Change Announces 24 Grant Recipients for 2017
4. Pew Research: Organic Defies Demographic Distinctions
5. Global Organic Food and Beverage Market Estimated to Grow More Than 14.8 Percent